Hello from Spanaway, Washington!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

My name is Kathy and I am a self taught photographer so yeah, I still have alot to learn! lol We just moved from Enumclaw, so there are gong to be alot of places in the Tacoma area that I need to search out for good photo ops!
If anyone takes day trips for small shoots, I am interested!
Thank you for checking out my photos!

Kathy

http://www.viewbug.com/member/Photokats/profile
http://www.redbubble.com/people/photokats

Welcome from the West end of the Peninsula

Welcome to the forum PhotoKats. Great spots for photos in your part of Pierce County are, the town of Steilacoom near the ferry docks, Solo Point on the water behind Joint Base Lewis/McChord and anywhere between Spanaway and Mount Rainier.

There's also some really nice views at the Chambers Creek golf course by Steilacoom. Since it's county owned, there's a public trail through the entire grounds, which is accessible most of the time, though occasionally closed for big tournaments. Nice views of the Sound and Olympics, and they've just opened a new overpass and trail to the beach.

welcome aboard, Kathy! in addition to the other suggestions, the Nisqually wildlife refuge, which is a great wetland habitat for birds, is only about 15 miles down the freeway.

Last edited:
Oh, how wonderful! Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I will definitely be checking them all out!! I am really excited now! :)
Kathy

Hi, I myself am always looking for spots to shoot also I am in Lakewood. The places mentioned above are nice places to go. Oh try Olympia, there are some very good photo ops there. My last photo trip was there. The night shots look like they will be very nice there. Olympia will be my next night photo location.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back