Hello from Tacoma, WA

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Kasmith111

Hello Everyone. I noticed that most of you are amazing photographers with a lot of experience. There are some pretty amazing photos here.

I am very new to photography. Very long story short: I have wanted to persue photography my whole life. I have raised 3 kids, have 2 grandsons and am raising my 7yr old niece.

A little over a year ago my mom passed after a very short, intense battle with lung cancer. She left me with one important piece of advice: "Do something you have always wanted to do and do it now! Go get a decent camara and shoot!". And so I am.

I just finished a "get to know your camera" sort of class. I loom forward to reading and learning from all of you.

Kelly

This is the place to learn. Welcome to the fun. It would be interesting to know what camera equipment you have procured, and what subject matter interests you.

Pops

Kelly, hello and welcome to the forum!

I noticed that most of you are amazing photographers with a lot of experience. There are some pretty amazing photos here.

Thanks for the compliment, but don't be fooled by all of the nice shots. We have, and welcome, photographers of ALL skill levels here, from folks who do this as their sole source of income to people who just bought a camera and are wondering what a jpg file is, and for that matter, how do you pronounce "jpg"?

Everyone is welcome, and encouraged to participate. I know it can be scary to post your work when you see some of the stuff the true pros here post, but don't worry, they're a great bunch of folks and interested in helping you learn and get better.

You won't find folks posting stuff like "What a terrible photo!" here, at least not more than once, since we don't tolerate that stuff. We're friendly and helpful, and work hard to keep it that way.

Forgot to add: I have a Canon Rebel TXi, 18-55mm kit lens, an 85mm, and a 70-200mm (sludge). I will try and figure out how to upload some photos. All critiques and comments are welcome. That's how you learn, right :)

welcome Kelly
jpg = jaypeg ... just in case you didn't understand Bawb's accent LOL

Forgot to add: I have a Canon Rebel TXi, 18-55mm kit lens, an 85mm, and a 70-200mm (sludge). I will try and figure out how to upload some photos. All critiques and comments are welcome. That's how you learn, right :)

Sorry thats not sludge. Thats supposed to be splurge!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back