Hello from the Oregon Coast

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

onewire

New member. My name is John. I've been taking photos for around 30 years. So I'm a "30 year novice". I sell cameras and I was (for a very short time) a Navy Photographers Mate in the IRR. (In the real Navy I was an aviation electrician). I've used digital only for the last 5 or 6 years. And I feel I am a better editor than I am a photographer. (But I've gotten lucky)

I don't know why anyone would care, but I know there are folks that do.... so: I carry a D200. For the most part I use a 50 f1.4. I've also got a 10.5 f2.8 and a 300 f4. The only zoom I have is an 18-70. And of course a couple of speedlites.

Some of my photos are posted on pBase.... and there are some images from the coast.

I'm pretty excited about finding this forum. It's nice to have something to read that is relatively local. So I'd like to thank the folks who thought of it.

J

Welcome John! The Oregon Coast is one of my favorite places to visit and photograph. I look forward to seeing your contributions here!

Getting lost on the Oregon coast

I would like to see your pics can't figure this sight out yet. I also have a lot of pics from the Oregon coast and the N. Umpqua area .
What is your favorite beach to photograph. So far my fav is Otter Pt.

I would like to see your pics can't figure this sight out yet. I also have a lot of pics from the Oregon coast and the N. Umpqua area .

D'Anne,

Hello, and welcome aboard. Glad you joined the site, and I'm enjoying your photos a lot. You've got some really nice beach photos in the gallery, they really show off the beauty of the Oregon Coast.

You mention not being able to figure out the site. I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have on how to use the place or what goes where etc.

Here's a brief rundown...

The discussion forum part is where most of the conversations go on. You can post pictures and ask for critiques, ask questions, make comments, reply to other folks message etc. Kind of a large group of people talking to one another.

The photo gallery section is the showcase portion of the site. It's like the portfolio you might show to a client who was looking to hire you. We ask folks to be pretty picky about what they put in the gallery, and post only your best work.

As I mentioned, you can also post photos here in the forum. It's a great way to talk about your photos, and see what other folks have to say. It's also well suited to asking any questions you might have.

So, hopefully that fills you in on the basics. Do you have anything in particular you're wondering how to do or where to post?

Favorite beach

Hi D'Anne,
I don't really have a favorite beach. With the right light I guess any beach looks beautiful. I do like to try and get to places that are a little more isolated and not well documented. Ever climb down the rocks at Boiler Bay? I've found locals here that don't know there is boiler from a wrecked ship stuck in the bay.

J

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back