Hello!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

SouthEnder

I'm Dan Hershman, a local High School Photography teacher, musician and all around 'outdoor adventure guy'..... or at least that's what my wife Jane says.

I have incorporated photography into a number of outdoor pursuits; astronomy, scuba, bicycling, skiing, hiking and so on. I do a fair amount of underwater photography in the greater Puget Sound area and British Columbia and have had my images published in several books on underwater life in our area.

I'll post some pictures soon... in the meantime you can check out my website http://www.hershmanphoto.com

welcome aboard, Dan... always nice to see another nature shooter! had a quick look at some of your stuff... your underwater shots are impressive!

I'm Dan Hershman, a local High School Photography teacher, musician and all around 'outdoor adventure guy'..... or at least that's what my wife Jane says.

I have incorporated photography into a number of outdoor pursuits; astronomy, scuba, bicycling, skiing, hiking and so on. I do a fair amount of underwater photography in the greater Puget Sound area and British Columbia and have had my images published in several books on underwater life in our area.

I'll post some pictures soon... in the meantime you can check out my website http://www.hershmanphoto.com

Hello, and welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

There is one minor problem to your intro though...
a local High School Photography teacher

Define "local". :) We cover Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska and British Columbia. I'd even consider Alberta to be qualify, though I don't recall anyone from there being active on the site.

So... That's a lot of turf, what's your version of "local"? I have a hunch you mean "South end of Seattle", but I'm not sure.

Hello, and welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

There is one minor problem to your intro though...

Define "local". :) We cover Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska and British Columbia. I'd even consider Alberta to be qualify, though I don't recall anyone from there being active on the site.

So... That's a lot of turf, what's your version of "local"? I have a hunch you mean "South end of Seattle", but I'm not sure.

the location tag at the top of his post says Federal Way... ;)

D'oh!

Of course if I overlooked that, I suspect others would as well.

Sorry for the lack of clarity in my first post

Not a problem! A lot of our members are from the Seattle region, simply because many folks join when they meet another member who says "Hey, you should go check out this website..." Still, we cover a wide range and have folks from all over.

I've done some astrophotography images that have done pretty well,
this aurora photo taken at Mt Rainier National Park was used picked up by NASA in August 2000. (yes, this is from the days of film!)

That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is the image! Holy cow, that's amazing. I've never seen anything nearly that impressive up at Rainier, what a spectactular image...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back