Help with ID Mystery Bird

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Robin which swapped wings with a Warbler? :D

I'm not finding anything just like this an any of our books.

Beak, body, shape and tail are Robin. Wing coloring, stripes and shape are Warbler.

Hmmmmmmm

I'd submit that, along with some flying shots and a description of hunting habits to the Audobon Society.

Pops

Pops, I'm no expert birder, but I think your friend is correct, a Robin with a bit of albino coloring (or lack of coloring).

By the way, if you like Robins, install a bird bath. We've got one and the Robins are always using it, even when it's raining.

I am a birder and it is an American Robin. The white feathers are called leucistic. Once in a while you can see one that is almost all white. An albino bird would show no color anywhere and the eyes would be red. Leucistic birds have varying amounts of white but their eyes and legs are normal color.

Thanks Keith for clearing this "mystery" up. I knew someone on this forum would be able to give an answer to us.

Terry

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back