He's a snake in the grass

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

dschaecher

Went for nice easy hike this past weekend at Willamette Mission Park near Salem. Not much to photograph as some of the better areas were still flooded but I managed to get a shot of this guy.

Comments/Criticism welcome and encouraged. :)

Dale, the first one is better. If you were to crop at all horizontally, I'd suggest cropping from the left so there's more breathing room for the head. It's a bit tight on the right in #2.

Overall I don't mind the "animal in its environment" look of the original post so much, but you do have options to crop a lot more vertically if you chose.

Really the only major criticism I have of the image is that the head is unfortunately soft. The eyes are so often the most important part to capture sharply when it comes to wildlife subjects, and this was obviously a near miss. I'm sure it was a difficult situation, with all the grass and a slender moving subject.

The colors are quite nice. Any idea what species?

Max

Yeah, a little more space in front of his nose. You don't need the entire snake for people to know and appreciate what is in the photo.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back