Horses

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

jelinek415

I took some photos of two different horses, this is another area that I want to get good at....as far as taking photos. Thanks again for viewing and always comments are welcome.

A couple suggestions.

The first is to watch the white balance and brightness. This can be adjusted in post production though, especially if you shoot in raw.

The second, and more important, is to work on the background. Try to pick locations that have nice backgrounds. Also, uses shallow depth of field whenever possible to blur the distracting background.

You last shot, with the trailers, has some of thet and it works well.

Here's another shot, with the blur simulated in photoshop, to show how this can help. (It's not perfect, but it's just to give you the idea, not trying to fool anyone with it.) I'd also try to pay attention to the fence posts next time, that one lines up in a distracting area.

View attachment 7791

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back