Hot chix!!!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

Yesterday, my two girls and I went to pick out our new chicks.
THESE ARE GOING TO BE EGG-LAYING HENS, not KFC. Working pets, if you will.
Still chocolate-faced from dessert time, and fully gloved in order to prevent poop-hand, my two proud and happy daughters-
View attachment 6119

A little shy, our Buff named Gracie
View attachment 6120

adventuring out a it...
View attachment 6121

Our black Comet named Rosie
View attachment 6122

And the matriarch of the flock, a Rhode Island Red, named Lady Peep Peep. Apparently, according to my oldest daughter, she has a long lost rooster boyfriend named Justin Peeper. No, I did not get any say in the naming process :)
View attachment 6123

Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering, these little hens joined our family in order to become egg-layers, not sandwiches. These are pets, more or less.

Janice- Thanks. I was really beginning to wonder why after 2 days I didn't recieve one comment on this post. I would never be so heartless as to post photographs this cute, of baby birds, if they had a meat destiny. Don't get me wrong, I'm a carnivore, but these are pets, which I guess I should have stated clearly at the top of this thread :) My two girls sure love em somethin fierce!

Amy-
thanks! These new family members have sure brought a ton of smiles to our faces, as well. Glad you liked em :) they are Soooooooo stinkin cute. I wish I could post a sound bite of their peepin!

HD Kid. Somehow I knew that they were not destined for the dinner table. I've had some things that kept me away for awhile. While they might be tasty with morels, you couldn't eat somebody your family knew.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back