Hummingbird Fun - Woodway, WA

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Terry O

My office window is very close to our hummingbird feeder - so I usually keep my Canon 5Diii and 400 5.6L at the ready.
I'll start posting these as I get them

My favorite local hummer is, of course, the Rufous although the Annas run a close second (not much choice since those two are essentially all
we get here in Western WA) :)

Anyone who knows me knows I hate feeder shots, but hey, if that's all I can get than that's all I can get :)

This female Rufous seemed particularly colorful
6-12-2017 annas_1792_filtered.jpg

The male Rufous is very territorial - although they are small they are fierce!

6-12-2017 rufous_1785c2_filtered.jpg

I'll keep trying for that sans feeder shot!

Last edited:
Thanks, Bill. It was a difficult decision! :)

BTW, I just recently discovered by clicking on the posted picture, that a full version comes up with much better resolution that the large thumbnail in the text. Go figure!

Last edited:
I probably have used it in the past, but not recently.....embarrassing to admit, so don't rub it int :)

Male Rufous

Here ya go, Bill another feeder shot....:)

I tried without success to get his photo airborne - no luck, but I'll keep trying.

6-13-2017 Rufous male_1848.JPG

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back