id please

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

tripod

Edmonds pier bad light not many birds spotted these little guys on the rocks what are they?

Attachments

• DSC_6329.jpg
    DSC_6329.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189
  • DSC_6324.jpg
    DSC_6324.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 192
The black birds are surfbirds. They have been hanging out on the marina breakwater opposite the fishing pier for the past month. The white birds are sanderlings.

Too bad we didn't run into you. Daren is always asking about you and looking for your car.

nice catch, Jerome! ya know, i still haven't been able to spot those darn surfbirds!!

as bad as my eyes are if I can see um you can its tricky hard to see

I think their presence is dependent on the tide level. They are foraging for something in the growth on the rocks and will move on if it is covered by high tide.

I think their presence is dependent on the tide level. They are foraging for something in the growth on the rocks and will move on if it is covered by high tide.

i've been there a couple of times at low-ish tide - like, halfway down the rocks on the jetty - but haven't spotted them yet... just have to keep trying, i suppose...

i've been there a couple of times at low-ish tide - like, halfway down the rocks on the jetty - but haven't spotted them yet... just have to keep trying, i suppose...

Their buddies at Canyon Park haven't told them that you are the Bird Whisperer.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back