It's all about patience

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

ddietiker

I was up on Mount Rainier last night at Sunrise. Just when I thought sunset was done, it lit up and I got this....

A little patience and be willing to hike back in the dark

Edited to add shooting info:

16-35 at 16mm, f13, 6 sec, 3 stop GND

original.jpg

Last edited:
wow! for a shot like that, i'd hike back in the dark anytime! very nice HDR to bring out the colors in the foreground, too. frame that sucker!

Trying to figure out where you took that one. Looks like it migh be Gobbler's Knob, but if so, that would be rather long hike back in the dark, or you know a different route...

wow! for a shot like that, i'd hike back in the dark anytime! very nice HDR to bring out the colors in the foreground, too. frame that sucker!

HDR done the old fashioned way, a 3 stop GND ;)

I forgot to include shooting data.

16-35 at 16mm, f13, 6 secs, and the 3 stop GND.

Trying to figure out where you took that one. Looks like it migh be Gobbler's Knob, but if so, that would be rather long hike back in the dark, or you know a different route...

Wrong side Bob, this was on the slope below Sunrise. I think it was only about a half mile hike, but the family of bears behind me made it interesting :)

Last edited:
I saw that great pink sky from here last night while out on my run (no camera with me on runs, bangs around too much).

Spectacular job catching it !! And a good example of taking the time to wait to see the light, don't leave until it's completely dark..... oh, and not to worry about the bears, there has never been an attack inside MRNP (hopeuflly you didn't roll in huckleberries or smoked salmon).

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back