just a hello from Salem...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

paddy o'hara

evenin' all.

not much at intros, but i'm an opinionated old guy from Salem.

best known for some of my stuff from Opal Creek back in the late 80s and Oregon and Washington coast bits. have done a little portrait, wedding and commercial, but first love is really anything with water in it. 4x5, various medium formats, 35mm, and now usually digital for stills (have 4x5 just rarely use it anymore). prefer video, have produced independent, assisted others, and been hired gun on occasion.

not even attempting to shoot either still or video as a business anymore, just shoot what i like when i have time.

that's me. have a good evening (or morning, day, night, etc.).

paddy

I will be moving to Salem in the winter, what kind of birding opportunities are there in the area?

There is a wildlife refuge (Basket Slough) about 15 miles west of Salem. About 20 miles south of that refuge is a wild area called E. E. Wilson. About fifteen miles south of Salem is another refuge called Ankeny. The coast is about an hour away. There is also a park in Salem called Cascade Gateway and another one called Minto Brown Island that good for birding. Contact me when you get here. I'll be glad to show you around. I also enjoy birding.

Thanks for the info

Contact me when you get here. I'll be glad to show you around. I also enjoy birding.

Thank you for telling be about the hot spots - it gives me something to look forward to. I am really going to miss Whidbey Island and the bald eagles. Do you belong to any birding or photography clubs?

Susan

I drive through Salem every December on the way to the coast and always see bald eagles on Minto Brown Island just from the road so I imagine that a walk through would be great. One of these days maybe I can get my husband to actually stop and explore. lol

Thank you for telling be about the hot spots - it gives me something to look forward to. I am really going to miss Whidbey Island and the bald eagles. Do you belong to any birding or photography clubs?

Susan

I belong to a group online called COBOL, Central Oregon Birders On Line, and I used to belong to OBOL, Oregon Birders On Line, but they have had server problems and so I am no longer a member. I am not a member of any photography clubs. Don't really have the time. I am the official photographer for the church I attend and also assistant photographer for a men's chorus I sing in. You can see my photos from there at http://www.flickr.com/photos/97996499@N00/

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back