Ladder Creek Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ladder Creek Falls flows down a very deep, narrow chute between mossy rocks before it dumps into the Skagit River at the Newhalem power station. the falls is in two main sections, and it's impossible to get them both in the same shot... these were shot with the 5D2 using a 24-105 lens. i kept the shutter speed up a bit to preserve the texture of the water...

this is the upper falls... 32mm, 1/80 sec at f/5.0, ISO 1250

IMG_5033sm_zps4546f9a7.jpg

and here's the lower... 47mm, 1/100 sec @ f/5.0, ISO 1250

IMG_5020sm_zps2ccb4590.jpg

These are both excellent, Rocky. I particularly like the rendering of the water. I wonder if you considered shooting a series to be stitched into a vertical pano. Would that have worked here to get the entire falls into one photo?
-Mike

good idea, Mike, but because different viewpoints are needed to get the two shots (i.e. physically climbing higher up the slope to get the upper falls), and the perspectives are different, i don't think it'd work. if it would, that'd be a really neat pano, though!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back