LaTourell Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Sassy

Went up to the falls today, unfortunately it was so crowded that Jess and I had to pass up many of the falls due to no where to park.
But we did get to shoot LaTourell Falls.

GorgeAug32011028.jpg

Playing with water.
GorgeAug32011035.jpg

Then we were able to park at Multnomah Falls real quick and got this shot.

GorgeAug32011042.jpg

I love in the summer when there is a low flow, and the ghosting of the water just looks so elegant.
2 things- first is are you using a tripod? If the answer is no, then why not
second is after you put your camera on the tripod, and make sure it is in a nice, sturdy location, turn on your timer. 3 seconds is more than enough. just so you have a delay between the time you push the button and your actual shutter snap. It will produce a much crisper image.

Thanks, No I didn't use the tripod, It is currently in storage and I forgot to grab the keys yesterday, I made it all the way there, got in the gate and pulled up to the storage unit, alas no keys. was intending on emptying it out yesterday which is why I had Jess with me.

thanks for the tip on the timer. hadn't thought to use it for these type of shots.

you can also get a remote shutter release that lets you take the shot whenever you want, but because your hand isn't touching the camera, there's no chance of moving it. they're dirt cheap on eBay.

these shots look quite dark on my monitor. you might want to check your exposure and make sure you're not underexposing the images...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back