Lazy Bear Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
did a little bushwhacking of my own this past weekend, went up to find Lazy Bear Falls on Bacon Creek up in the North Cascades. it's about 5 miles up Bacon Creek Road, off highway 20 about 5 miles east of Marblemount. the road was largely overgrown the last mile and a half or so, and the trail from the end of the road to the falls was all but invisible. happily, i had my machete in the Jeep, and was able to clear the trail a bit and get down to the falls. it was a pretty steep little adventure, especially the last 30-40 feet- down a loose bank, over tree roots and then a log jam, all just waiting to break someone's ankle. i recall thinking to myself, i really gotta get a sat phone... if i broke a leg out here, no one would ever find me!! oh well... maybe one of these days when i can afford the $600 or so for the phone and a $75 minimum monthly service charge... anyway, here's the falls. not as pretty as i'd hoped, but still a nice little spot... 5D2, 24-105 @ 28mm, 1/2 sec @ f/9 with a polarizer...

IMG_4909_1PSsm_zps5f43a2be.jpg

... anyway, here's the falls. not as pretty as i'd hoped, but still a nice little spot...
Rocky, I'd say it was pretty enough! Worth the bushwacking - especially when you were doing it and not me.:cool: Thanks for posting it.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back