Memorial Day Photos

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
These days it's too easy to forget that Memorial Day is far more than just a three day weekend to kick off summer and begin the backyard BBQ season.

Memorial Day is intended to honor the men and women who serve this country in the Armed Forces, and especially those who gave their life.

Hopefully everyone will consider that over the weekend. If you get some photos that fit well with that theme, this topic is a good place to post them. I'd like to use some for the "Photo of the Day" feature this weekend.

Thank you for the reminder. You are right, it is much more than picnics, camping and trips to the beach.

My impressions from my visit to Willamette National Cemetery.

Over 140,000 flags placed by over 1,000 Boy Scouts.
4648996602_11215446ba_b.jpg

4648996370_a083e57f7f_b.jpg

4648996686_c0d06ebda4_b.jpg

And let us not forget those that serve those who have served and gone before us.
4648381539_8a3332df6a_b.jpg

Nor those left behind.
4648475321_be12369c39_b.jpg

Last edited:
Janice, we have several women (military widows) in my unit going there Monday. I heard they have a wonderful turn out each Memorial Day. Will you be there?

Janice, we have several women (military widows) in my unit going there Monday. I heard they have a wonderful turn out each Memorial Day. Will you be there?

Yes they have a wonderful turnout on Memorial day and a beautiful ceremony. Every year the Air Nat Guard do a fly by. I hope they do again this year.

No, I won't be there. I paid my respects today.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back