Mike's best efforts for 2010

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Mike-PDX

While these shots may not measure up to many of the rest of the fine photographers on this forum, to me they show a definite improvement over past years. And after all, that's what is important on my photographic journey. If you look at this and get the sense that I have to leave home to take a photo, you may be right. :) Several of these have been posted here before, usually to ask for pp help. ;)

Let's begin the journey with a whale-watching trip to Laguna San Ignacio, Baja California, Mexico.

Just a Fluke
4467709434_79d9545f89_o_d.jpg

Scratching my back - the hard way
4430332275_17a1087c52_o_d.jpg

And of course, some day trips to photograph trains in the Columbia River Gorge.

Eastbound with Mt. Hood near Celilo on a clear April morning.
4483134492_dc7dcd977a_o_d.jpg

Westbound at Rowena
4657231728_60f57daef2_o_d.jpg

The Oregon Coast isn't too far away.

Proposal Rock at Nescowin
4570153350_971713234a_o_d.jpg

On another trip to chase trains in Nevada.

Sunset over Winnemucca
4862158050_2e8ddd09dc_o_d.jpg

Then there was the vacation trip to Vancouver Island.

Ready to depart
4972269731_5d633a84dc_o_d.jpg

And a short trip to Vernon, BC.

Beginning to turn
5026882499_0cf9dfa621_o_d.jpg

And finally a couple that may not be my best, but they are among my favorites.

Nevada Northern Time Warp - I haven't done much B&W, but I liked the feeling of this one
4881779145_131227caa5_o_d.jpg

Steam Heat - not a great shot, but I was proud of the effort it took to clone out a bunch of power lines
5111390183_79ea6dbe9e_o_d.jpg

Thanks for looking - c&c always welcome!

While these shots may not measure up to many of the rest of the fine photographers on this forum, to me they show a definite improvement over past years. And after all, that's what is important on my photographic journey...

OK, first of all, you've got some very nice images in this set, well done.

Secondly, and most important. This isn't a contest or even a comparision. I know you realize that, but I want to point that out to everyone, just so it's totally clear. It doesn't matter whether you're a full time pro, or just getting started, EVERYONE is welcome and encouraged to participate in this category (and all categories for that matter.)

You put it very well, what is important on your personal photographic journey is that you're improving. How do you define "Improving"? Simple, it means you like the shots you're getting now more than you liked the shots you were getting previously. That's all that matters.

You train people are giving me the urge to chase trains. Great shots all.

Mike, you've got some awesome shots here!! The last made look and look again...the sunset is beautiful and the boat is perfect...well done!

Nice shots all, Mike.

I agree with Janice. Makes me want to chase trains too. And sunsets. And ships. And.... :D C.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you all for your generous comments. I must say this "Best of" series has been very informative and inspiring. It's wonderful to see everyone's best work in this kind of a context, and it's great to have a place to share the work.

Thanks to Bob and all the moderators for putting up with us. ;)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back