Mike's picks for favorites of 2011

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Mike-PDX

A great deal of change for me this year: I retired, so among other things I have more time to travel and shoot photos. Here are some of the shots I selected as ones I particularly liked. If you've been around here a while, you probably remember most of these.

Photographically, the year started out with a week at Waldport on the Oregon Coast. I really prefer the color version of this shot, but I have to admit that this B&W is one of my first such conversions that seemed to work well.
5350902840_70468a2954_o_d.jpg

Then in May, a three week road trip to southern Utah - one of my favorite regions in the world. Some of the most spectacular sunrises are viewed from overlooks to Canyonlands National Park. This one is shot from Dead Horse Point State Park.
6589886103_72c4d9c138_o_d.jpg

And this one is from Grandview Overlook. I was inspired to try my hand at panorama shots - be sure to scroll all the way to the right. :)
5779077440_a9b7192d36_o_d.jpg

Of course there is always Zion National Park. This detail of a Turkey Vulture and its shadow appealed to me, even though it's not a "classic" Zion shot.
5793318081_d6b29f9f9f_o_d.jpg

Antelope Canyon was a wonder.
5833518597_7d1802f2fb_o_d.jpg

Monument Valley was also terrific. I had to restrain myself from including several more from here. The view from the View Hotel is fantastic.
5758652665_74c417679a_o_d.jpg

There was a little time for trains here and there - in this case at Avery in the Columbia Gorge.
5901631753_c5cdb15f41_o_d.jpg

Then is September we cruised north from Bellingham into Jervis Inlet and Desolation Sound in BC.
6138075218_690f55e872_o_d.jpg

6182535361_836ea888ea_o_d.jpg

Must stop here. Well I've certainly continued to grow this year. And I have big hopes for next year as well!

Thanks for looking. Comments always encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are great! The panorama is fantastic and I love the way the colors of the landscape really change.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back