Moocher

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I decided to carry my camera while on another "mission" and stopped at Clackamette Park in Oregon City, and had this conversation with a gull.

'scuse me ma'am, are those french fries I see?

6351918332_097cdfbb64_b.jpg

I'm a poor starving gull. It's cold and there are hardly any visitors coming to the park anymore, can you spare a couple?

6351174087_48bb2b2280_b.jpg

Okay, that's it. if you don't want to see your car "occupied" . . . if you know what I mean . . . hand 'em over!!!!

6351174303_952d018498_b.jpg

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

LMAO. Hey Janice, I live just before the bridge, should have hollard and I would have met up with ya.

Great shots and yeah, the birds there are major moochers.

LMAO. Hey Janice, I live just before the bridge, should have hollard and I would have met up with ya.

Great shots and yeah, the birds there are major moochers.

I didn't know that. It was an unexpected stop, but next time we should shoot together. There's plenty to shoot in the area.

Great shots and story. Yes, as you mention, they aren't exactly hard to get close to, especially if you actually have some french fries with you. Major moochers indeed!

I really like how the gull is sharp but the background is so compeletely out of focus. That's the elusive "bokeh" some photographers go nuts about. Well done!

I didn't know that. It was an unexpected stop, but next time we should shoot together. There's plenty to shoot in the area.

If you are into shooting historical buildings there are a few in Oregon City. I've been thinking of checking out the McLaughlin house when I get some free time.

OK, but did you actually give this bird something to eat? Or did you just turn a blind eye and walk away :D

Neat pictures, fun story. One thing it really does make obvious is that we shouldn't ignore the obvious and/or mundane. This is sure a neat turn on what most would consider a very ordinary subject.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back