More kitty pics

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Mike-PDX

From my recent Southern Africa safari trip. I'm starting to get through the nearly 3000 shots I brought back. C&C Welcome!

Leopards:
8053371265_d9612cb0d2_o.jpg

Africa-5 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

8053375212_42a73982e1_o.jpg

Africa-6 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

Cheetah:
8053366999_470c145c69_o.jpg

Africa-25 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

Lions:
8053365429_11483d0dda_o.jpg

Africa-32 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

8074940714_643b662167_o.jpg

Africa-54 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots... I think my kitties are a bit intimidated. I was holding the kitten while looking at these and he shot off my lap and is hiding in the other room.

The shot of the yawn is my fav!

Cool, Mike. A pity you ran into so many collars. Cheetahs are hard to come by down there.

I like the low angle in that last shot especially.

Max

Collared cats

Thanks. Yes at this particular private game reserve in the Okovango Delta region of Botswanna, there were a number of cheetas and leopards wearing collars. There were also a couple guys driving around with radio trackers doing a study of their ranges. These guys were a good source of info on the cats' current locations. We saw some un-collared cheetas at another park, but too far away to get photos.

All in all, it was a fantastic experience!

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back