More photos from around Rainier

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

climbbike

I've seen lots of bears but this is the first one I've seen in Mt. Rainier National Park. He was near the turn off to White River camp ground.
p60627433-5.png

These are from Suntop.
p229461984-5.png

p531333037-5.png

p228863795-5.png

WAIT! There's bears in Mt Rainier National Park?!?! Now you tell me! I just spent two weeks in Alaska looking for them, little did I know I could find them so close to home.

All joking aside, great catch! I was aware there are bears in the park of course, and have talked to people who've seen them, but I have never seen a bear in Mt Rainier National Park. Excellent shot too, nice and close!

The others shots are great too.

By the way folks, we're coming into the best time of the year at Mt Rainier. September is my favorite month. Most of the tourists are gone, so parking and access is easy. The air is cooler and far less hazy. The roads are open. There are usually still wildflowers. It's a great few weeks until the snow flies and they start shutting down some of the roads like Stevens Canyon and Sunrise.

I was up there yesterday for the first time in a couple of year's, and was appalled to see that the NPS has built a boulder wall at Reflection Lakes between the road and the lakes east of the parking lot, paving over what had been a whole expanse of foreground wildflowers in the process. Some of the nicest vantage points for that iconic scene are now lost forever. :-(

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back