Mount Shasta Views

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

CNelson

I'm back from my month-long visit to the north state (California) and thought I'd share a few shots I got when I drove to the "other" side of the mountain to get some shots as the sun set on Mt. Shasta. I didn't get the colors I was hoping for, every sunset is different, but I find consolation in the fact that I fed thousands of mosquitoes who greeted me with enthusiasm.

I parked in a narrow pull-out on a country road and hiked up and down the road for about a mile to make these shots. It was a very hot summer afternoon and my deoderant failed me far short of the promised 24-hour protection....but I loved it.

Chuck

p623076425-4.jpg

p388562393-4.jpg

p675415081-4.jpg

p699940613-4.jpg

#5 Not a Shasta shot but same area taking advantage of the "golden hour."

p36755429-4.jpg

All of these are lovely...love the lighting in #5 and #2 really grabs my attention due to different comp w/ the treeline.

Last edited:
Thank you Janice and Christena...I cropped it with a 10x20 print in mind. That asect ratio seems to work well with some images and it's a good diversion from the 8x10 and 8x12 aspect ratios.

Chuck

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back