My 12 best from 2009

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

rach

Hi all,

Since I'm new you won't have seen any of these before, but here they are. My 12 favorites from 2009. :) (In about 3 posts)

This first shot is a bubble over my neighor's house, taken in the rain, as you can tell. I've been asked several times if that is photoshopped and it is not. A few corrections, but no real photoshopping.

Last edited:
A nice collection, Rach. I am glad to see insects! LOL! Your sepia foggy trees would be nice to see much larger. I really like that. The seagulls flying in the sunset light is also a favorite.

What is that wheel from? Are you a rail fan?

A nice collection, Rach. I am glad to see insects! LOL! Your sepia foggy trees would be nice to see much larger. I really like that. The seagulls flying in the sunset light is also a favorite.

What is that wheel from? Are you a rail fan?

My son (12) is a recovering train fanatic. :) We went to Portland and rode the Daylight in December so that wheel is on the Daylight. The fog in the trees is actually steam from the Daylight in the trees.

My son (12) is a recovering train fanatic. :) We went to Portland and rode the Daylight in December so that wheel is on the Daylight. The fog in the trees is actually steam from the Daylight in the trees.

"Recovering" Train Fanatic? Sorry, but that's an incurable disease. It can be controlled with regular doses of steam, but it can't be cured. Then again, I can think of no good reason to want to be cured. ;)

He'll be in good company around here, as there are several of us on the board. I was easily able to identify the locomotive in your photo simply by the fact that it had a star on the driver and a hollow axle. Several others here could do the same I'm sure.

Your son may like another website I run, if he hasn't found it already. http://www.railroadforums.com/

You posted this comment over in the "Introduce yourself" thread, but I'm going to quote it hear so people can see your work as well.

I got a Nikon D40 about 18 months ago and love it. I'm really drawn to macros and enjoy highlighting things that most people would never notice.

You got that photo of a bee with a Nikon D40?!? I mean don't get me wrong, I think the D40 is a great camera, and have taken thousands of photos with mine, but you got that shot with the D40 and (I presume) the kit lens? That is an amazing macro shot for the lenses that come with the D40!

If so, I'm officially impressed!

You posted this comment over in the "Introduce yourself" thread, but I'm going to quote it hear so people can see your work as well.

You got that photo of a bee with a Nikon D40?!? I mean don't get me wrong, I think the D40 is a great camera, and have taken thousands of photos with mine, but you got that shot with the D40 and (I presume) the kit lens? That is an amazing macro shot for the lenses that come with the D40!

If so, I'm officially impressed!

All the macros (including the bee) were taken with the kit lens and a +10 macro filter. Someday I'll be able to afford a real macro lens, but, for now, that's what I use.

And I say recovering about the trains (to reference your previous post) and my son because does still like his trains, but I do have to admit that I'm glad they're not the total focus of conversation anymore. :) (Though Legos get old, too!)

I'll send him over to that link. Thanks!

Love your macro work. That bubble is special and I like your sea and train shot too. You are well rounded.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back