my favorite fowl...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
a couple more shots of my favorite waterfowl... 40D, 400mm, various settings...

IMG_5932sm_filtered.jpg

IMG_5934smomni_filtered.jpg

Number 2 I like Rocky, Like the birds colors, and the water ripples are flowing in a peaceful and quiet kind of setting..:)

I like #2 the best, but I am a sucker for reflections. This is my favorite fowl, also. The most amazing colors and details in this bird. All the birds are getting their breeding colors going, I just love spring.

I don't think I have ever seen one of these in person. Definitely a beautiful bird.

I'm beginning to think that's Rocky's pet duck... How else would he get so dang close to him?

Great shots, as usual!

I'm beginning to think that's Rocky's pet duck... How else would he get so dang close to him?

Great shots, as usual!

LOL! actually, it's a combination of a 400mm lens (the duck was about 40-50 feet away) and a park where most of the wildlife is fairly accustomed to human presence, and isn't as timid as the same species in other places. the park is basically a wetland, with a couple of boardwalks and some viewing platforms, a bit like what's at Nisqually, but on a much smaller scale. it's also a wildlife sanctuary, and the critters seem to know no one will bother them. i've heard people say they can't get within 50 yards of a blue or green heron, but i've taken shots of them from a dozen feet. i have pictures of beavers and river otters from 20 feet, and tree swallow shots taken so close i literally had to step back a bit to get far enough away for my lens to focus... and it'll focus down to 6 feet! same thing with redwings and other birds. except kingfishers. those little stinkers won't let people within 25 yards, no matter where they are!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back