My Take on the Supermoon...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

ront

It has become apparent to me that the only way to really appreciate the supermoon was to have seen it as it rose above the horizon. It seems to that beyond that, it really just appeared as a regular moon.

I was visiting my parents in Portland last weekend and between there location and the clouds, I felt luck to even see it at all!! They live high on a mountain with lots of trees. It was not even possible to see the moon, on a clear night, until it is well in the sky. And then the clouds were moving by very fast. I checked a few time and could not even see the moon. I did happen to catch it in between cloud banks one time.

Not a great shot, but taken with my Sony a700 and Tamron 200-500mm lens on a Manfrotto tripod.

Ron

1228139123_xVXQD-XL.jpg

Ront,

You're right, you can't tell it's a supermoon without something in the foreground. For that matter, I'm not sure you can tell even when there is a foreground object. I look at my shots and wonder if people would really be able to tell.

In this shot, because it was larger and brighter than normal, you got a very nice shot of the moon. It's crisp, clear and full of great detail. Looks really good!

Sure, you can't tell if it is a super moon, but it is a pretty super shot to me.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back