Naches River at -20

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Shooter

Forgot about this one.
Was up camping last week just off the 410 hwy just east of Whisling Jack Lodge at Cottonwood campground freezing my lungs under a bright moon.
But this is what I like best about the clear winter sky.
You know it's cold when there is steam coming off this river. :eek:

:30 sec, f4, ISO800 24mm, shot RAW Processed in CS3. 10:30pm

1104440208_F6R7B-XL.jpg

Would not have guessed that was a night shot if you hadn't pointed it out although the stars are a bit of a hint. Very nice. Crisp and clear winter.

Would not have guessed that was a night shot if you hadn't pointed it out although the stars are a bit of a hint. Very nice. Crisp and clear winter.

Thanks Judy, I am wondering if i need to darkin it up a bit as lately it's looking a little bright to me. Hmmmmmm.

very cool !!

Thank You!

Great shot. That cool crisp air is good for something.

Thanks, Yea, like freezing everything in camp solid. :D

yeah, if not for the stars, it'd look just like a daylight shot! i love the outdoors, but i'm not sure i'd be much interested in camping when it's 20 below!

yeah, if not for the stars, it'd look just like a daylight shot! i love the outdoors, but i'm not sure i'd be much interested in camping when it's 20 below!

I like the outdoors too, at 20 below it would require a cabin with a woodstove. A bathroom would be nice but a privy would do as long as it was not too long to the loo.

Nice work for the freezing conditions. I would like to see it a little bit darker so you get more of the night feel to it.

Yikes -20... shoot, and I was whining when I was over in the Yakima Canyon on sunday and it was a toasty +13 in the fog.

I like the outdoors too, at 20 below it would require a cabin with a woodstove. A bathroom would be nice but a privy would do as long as it was not too long to the loo.

LOL... yeah, and make sure the seat's not brass! :D

I agree Tony, going to have to try that.
I will repost the rework when I get a minute, my phone just started ringing off the hook with work, YEA!

Yes the loo in the morning was FREEZING, I was 3rd in line and the metal seat in the outhouse was painful :eek:

We did have a nice woodstove in our tent, plus a propane shop heater, barely made it tolerable.

Yikes what a pain in the a$$. So this was in a outfitter's tent or a yert? Either way . . . a bit nippy for my tastes. Talk about cold batteries.

It was our 16x16 army wall tent, been doing it about 20 years.
It's fun and comfy when heated up. :)

It was our 16x16 army wall tent, been doing it about 20 years.
It's fun and comfy when heated up. :)

was this part of that camping stuff you got and where cleaning when we came over for dinner? And I love the shot, make me want to buy a print of it :D

was this part of that camping stuff you got and where cleaning when we came over for dinner? And I love the shot, make me want to buy a print of it :D

Actually no Eric, this was the original 40's army tent my buddies got from their Grandfather. I need to build a frame for my new one.

Maybe I will just bring you one Shhhhh.

Actually no Eric, this was the original 40's army tent my buddies got from their Grandfather. I need to build a frame for my new one.

Maybe I will just bring you one Shhhhh.

I will not tell ;)

I am getting a new Nikon soon as well, we need two bodies :D

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back