Need some C&C on these

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Digital Latte

Rob and Tracy
We can't decide if we like these or not

Would love to see what you think

Love them? why

Hate them? why

Thanks for the support

2c2dd4a1.jpg

2aa46513.jpg

af4c2448.jpg

65472a81.jpg

I too like the second one best. It has "The Nightmare before Prom" look to it. The first one looks too light and the fourth one looks too dark. The third one would be my second favorite. It looks almost angelic (spelling) due to the sidelight and the yellow glow.

These are unique...honestly I don't care for the 1st one because it look unnatural to me. It looks like the girl is from one photo and the tractor is from another and they are pasted together. I like the 3rd one the best. Looks more natural due to lighting and it appears she is reacting to something...it works.

I tend to agree with the comments, the colors look odd and washed out in most of them. I don't really like it.

BUT... They look different and interesting. Not everyone has the same taste. Somebody else may see them and say they're totally cool. So don't be discouraged by my comments.

BTW - I like the lighting on the third on the best, that one is pretty nice.

BUT... They look different and interesting. Not everyone has the same taste. Somebody else may see them and say they're totally cool. So don't be discouraged by my comments.

that's it, we are selling all our equipment and never taking another picture again....lol....just kidding

Bob, you could tell me that you think all 4 of them suck and I would still wake up tomorrow and take pictures. We appreciate everyones comments very much, It help us hone in on our skills

that's it, we are selling all our equipment and never taking another picture again....

Thank goodness, he got the message! Give you $200 for the lot of it... :)

Bob, you could tell me that you think all 4 of them suck and I would still wake up tomorrow and take pictures. We appreciate everyones comments very much, It help us hone in on our skills

I had no doubt of that. :) I do feel bad about criticizing others work though, especially when it's something of an artistic nature, so I tend to remind folks it's only my opinion. You're a pro, so you know this already, but there are no "right answers" in photography. What some people like, others don't enjoy at all. Even blurry images have a following, those "Lens Baby" lenses have "blurry" as one of the main selling points! (Though part of the image is in focus if you do it as they intend you to.)

I was recently viewing a photography magazine and saw a photo they ran full page of a snow scene. It was a bit on the dark and grey side, and to be honest my first thought when I saw it was "If I'd have taken that, I wouldn't have been happy with it..." But there it was, full page, featured photographer... Shows what I know I guess. :)

So I always try and give the benefit of the doubt, and realize that there are lots of ways to make images.

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back