New Guy here

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

kenorb

Hi, I joined the PNWPhotos and have posted (or uploaded) 3 photos to Oregon coast and have no idea of how to find them. When I go to my page it shows I have not uploaded anything.. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Thanks... Ken

Ken,

Did you upload them to the gallery?

If so, I'm guessing the problem is that the images were too large. It SHOULD give you an error message saying that, but for some reason it works sometimes and not others.

So, I've got two questions for you that will help me find the answer.

1) Where did you upload the images, the forum or the gallery?

2) What size were the images, in pixels and also in KB?

Re: New guy

Bob, I believe I uploaded them to the gallery in Oregon Coast section. I did not receive an error notice, as the end of the upload it stated a successful upload. the pictures were 3.1 mb and pixal size was 2816 x 1140. thanks Ken

... the pictures were 3.1 mb and pixal size was 2816 x 1140. thanks Ken

In my best "Mythbusters" voice... "There's the problem!"

That's much larger than the gallery can accomodate. Photo should be re-sized to about 1200 pixels wide on the widest size, and they should also be no larger than about 300 KB or so.

Most photo processing programs can do both for you quite easily. If your program has one, use the "Save for the web" option to get the image size down. If not, save it as a jpg, with a quality of about 75%.

Let me know if that helps, or if you have any questions.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back