=Night shots=

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

All of these shots were captured last week, on a little country road, on a wet night, on my way home from photographing Fern Ridge Reservoir.

Feedback, critiques, opinions; all welcome =)

Tobiah-

Thanks, Janice!

I accidentally discovered how to take these types of shots, one night while trying to capture a sunset at a rest stop on I-5 near Salem. It was getting dark and while lengthening my exposure time, I discovered an electric dragon had passed by my lens =) I've been having a blast playing around with this stuff ever since.

Cheers:)

Interesting stuff! How did you get the last one? Obviously the camera was moving as the car went by, but the barn is also fairly sharp.

I'm guessing the camera was held totally still for most of the exposure, but you moved it as the car passed?

You've got it, Bob. This was a very rainy night, and against better judgement, I set up my tripod on the side of this old country highway. This one was a 13'' exposure, of which 12.5 of those the camera sat still on the tripod. Then, as the car passed, I rocked the camera in a circular fashion and set it back down. They are so much fun to do. You never know exactly what you are going to get and there's a little surprise waiting for you on your LCD every time. I've had some very interesting things show up. I once took an image of a car passing like this, and the product of me moving the camera resulted in an almost perfect neon bicycle!

If you like playing with light you might look at some of the sets of my flickr contacts.

Here is just one. http://www.flickr.com/photos/tackyshack/sets/72157622441883703/

And, his website. It's fun to explore his websites and all of his flickr sets. http://www.tackyshack.net/

5160525066_7c3e5812d3.jpg

RGB & Bubbles by tackyshack, on Flickr

AWESOME!!!

Thanx so much for sharing, Janice. He has some amazing images there. I'm exited to keep snooping through.

There are many reasons why I love photography. I love the time capture. I love emotion and human interest. I love nature, and sharing it with others. I love being inspired by images and inspiring others. But most of all, I love art. And although these types of images might not be incredibly tough to do, they speak really loudly to the artist in me.

I'm feeling inspired now, to track down that bag-o-fireworks my kids had left over from this last fourth.

Thanks Janice!

It's cool stuff isn't it. Just do a keyword search flickr and look at all that's there. Pretty inspiring.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back