Osprey family and some macro

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JDueckPhoto

I went out to a local park yesterday and found an Osprey nest. I had to check it out again today to see if they would do anything interesting for me. The nest is a few hundred feet out over the water so my angles were limited.

This is the first day I went out shooting birds with my 300mm with the 1.4TC. I saw a snake while out so those are also taken at 420mm (its my "macro" lens as well).

The bird shots were all 1/1000sec or faster and f5.6-f9.5

Snake shots were ar similar settings: 1/1000sec and f5.6

cc welcome

Nice work. It's been tough getting out with all this lousy weather.

Hey, that snake is safe for a real macro lens. lol

Nice...believe it or not this girl actually likes snakes so the last 2 are my favs.

Thanks, I think I tried about 60 shots trying to get the tongue out. It was a very nice day today so I was happy to get out and get some animals enjoying the sun too.

Nice work. It's been tough getting out with all this lousy weather.

Hey, that snake is safe for a real macro lens. lol

HA! no snake is safe for a real macro! :) actually my buddy thinks I need to go to Southern Oregon to shoot some rattlers. That I'm not so sure of.

HA! no snake is safe for a real macro! :) actually my buddy thinks I need to go to Southern Oregon to shoot some rattlers. That I'm not so sure of.

let me know if you come this way...if you want to shoot rattlers...hike Table Rock...however rattlers tend to find you rather than the other way around.

I love the grace of the osprey. Nice looking shots of them. I have seen plenty of rattlers in my lifetime and taking a photo was never an option for me (back up quickly always came to mind first). Although my brother did get a nice one of a Colorado pink a couple of years ago after he almost stepped on him. Luckily he was digesting a rodent at the time.

let me know if you come this way...if you want to shoot rattlers...hike Table Rock...however rattlers tend to find you rather than the other way around.

I'll definitely let you know. I lived in Medford and Talent for a while but never visited Table Rock. Bring it on snakes.

I also need to check out Crater Lake...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back