Out of the Blue -- Summer Solstice

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Summer Solstice blessed us with clear skies. I decided I would head up to Mount Hood and Trillium Lake for some star shots.

I missed the little bit of alpenglow on the mountain, but arrived in time for the blue hour

7426888568_a2635ae24f_b.jpg

Blue hour, just before the stars come out. by Janice L, on Flickr

It turned out there were others there too.
7423197270_e02a60cfdc_c.jpg

A night under the stars by Janice L, on Flickr

It was a warm night to be under the stars, no breezes, and with a little skeeter spray . . . all was well. I think I made a good choice.
7412889030_fea349ef84_c.jpg

Starry Solstice. by Janice L, on Flickr

Thanks Sassy.

By the way, I like your signature "One of the only jobs where you can shoot people and cut of their heads and not go to Prison."

great stuff, Janice! love the stars! my fave is the second, with the night sky and the campfire - really has a sense of being alone in the wilderness to it. i assume the lights on the mountain are from climbing parties?

great stuff, Janice! love the stars! my fave is the second, with the night sky and the campfire - really has a sense of being alone in the wilderness to it. i assume the lights on the mountain are from climbing parties?

Thank you.

The lights are from Timberline Lodge and the groomers on the Palmer Ice Field.

Thanks Sassy.

By the way, I like your signature "One of the only jobs where you can shoot people and cut of their heads and not go to Prison."

LOL Thanks Janice, I saw the saying as a status shuffle on FaceBook one time and thought, Hey That fits, Photography Enthusiast + Justice Student= Photography, one of the only jobs where you can shoot people and cut their heads off and not go to prison.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back