Raindrops keep falling on my head

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

DWHonan

It's been a (long) while since I've posted here, so I thought I'd contribute something a little different from what those who know me would expect. Five and a half months ago I began dating a wonderful girl who loves horses as much as I do railroads, and it's been an entertaining adventure discovering the equine world.

Saturday evenings we go over to a stable in the Snoqualmie Valley to feed the race horses which live there. This past weekend it was raining, and I spotted a couple horses poking their heads outside into the falling rain while waiting for dinner to be delivered; capturing the bird in flight was an unexpected bonus:

5735394905_a8cee73a70_o.jpg

Russell, one of the barnyard dogs, took advantage of the rainfall to slurp up a refreshing drink:

5735395031_71e8b19445_o.jpg

On another day a while back, I caught one of the horses by surprise from outside the barn:

5383466328_9a1c1dc288_o.jpg

Lastly, at dusk, Russell relaxes while gazing out over the pastures:

5383466218_04417b98dd_o.jpg

Dave, great shots... I think you have a knack for this type of shooting. You could combine the horses and trains with a road trip through montana. Lots of photo ops for both of you. Glad you're back.

There's something cool about photos with fog. The last one does a good job capturing what the mood might be out on a ranch at dusk with the farm dog chilling after a long day. Very nice.

Thanks, everyone. I'll post some more photos later on...

Arline, I've been kicking myself for missing a chance to do just that on the Polson #70 chase last weekend. *sigh* Oh well, there will be other opportunities...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back