Red-breasted sapsucker

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

landscapes&birds

I found the red-breasted sapsuckers at their nest today at Juanita Bay Park. I initially had the wrong tree, so thank you Rocky for the tip, otherwise I probably would have been waiting for a while at the wrong tree! There's also a second pair working on another nest on the snag to the right of the far boardwalk.

20150419-2R6A4767_export-2.jpg

nice shot! i got one similar this afternoon, but because i'm a bum and sleep late, i didn't get the morning light like you did... ;) yeah, they've been working that snag at the top of the western boardwalk for quite a while... i've gotten a number of nice shots of them drilling the hole, but haven't seen them in it yet. but with at least two nests, there'll likely be babies to be seen in a few weeks! :)

IMG_3101%20crop%20sm_zpsjkarm5bk.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Terry. Rocky, I read that sapsuckers incubate for about 13 days, so in a few weeks if all goes well we should see some little mouths for them to feed! :D

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back