red-tail BIF

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
such a pleasant day, i had to get outta the house, so i took a trip to Juanita Bay Park in Kirkland. pretty quiet for the most part, but i got this shot of a red-tail just as i was about to leave the park....he was probably about 75 yards away, so this is a pretty significant crop. 40D, 400mm, 1/1000 @ f/8.

IMG_5939smomni_filtered.jpg

Beautiful, Rocky.

One of my favorite birds. Wonderful shot. You can see why they are called red-tails. :D C.

For such a large crop, this is still nice and sharp! Super!

Philadelphia's football team would be jealous!

thanks, peeps! Hoedad, i think maybe Atlanta might - their logo is a falcon in much the same pose - gut the Philly Eagles probably wouldn't care... ;)

Rocky- lolol! I must have either been really tired or a little tipsy when I wrote that response. Haha. I saw the Atlanta Falcons logo in my brain and then typed Philly. I promise I know the difference between an eagle and a hawk! Lol.

Anyhoo, you have a great image here. You have inspired me to go try to capture my own "eagle" image. I see a ton of them along I-5 down here, atop the fences overlooking the grass seed farms. I think I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:
Rocky, as always....I loved your birds. Keep them coming. Please!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back