Shadow's best from 2010

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Shadow

So as a set this would be my best ones from 2010. It is odd I am not a wedding shooter but these hit the top of the list of things I shot this year. At least that I can post here. ;)

5332090946_b58ffd537b_b.jpg

IMG_8040 by Laughing Coyote Photography, on Flickr

5332091096_231d584737_b.jpg

IMG_8064 card by Laughing Coyote Photography, on Flickr

5332091186_044a236bc0_z.jpg

IMG_8070 by Laughing Coyote Photography, on Flickr

5331479819_89856b3bba_b.jpg

IMG_8098 saturation by Laughing Coyote Photography, on Flickr

Thank you everyone for the nice comments :)

Sure looks like you are, or at least certainly could be! Nice work, and well done...

It helps that one of the couple is a professional model, and yes they were a very easy to shoot couple. These were done the day after the wedding so I had 2-3 hours to relax and get my shooting all done. :D

I love this edgy pin-up vintage style...I feel like I'd see these in a Tattoo magazine...excellent work...

I must be too "Old School" and "Narrow Minded" but the checkered tennis shoes with formal is out of place, I guess with this being after the wedding, then she thought to be more comfortable after wearing formal heels...did she wear formal foot wear at the wedding??

I must be too "Old School" and "Narrow Minded" but the checkered tennis shoes with formal is out of place, I guess with this being after the wedding, then she thought to be more comfortable after wearing formal heels...did she wear formal foot wear at the wedding??

Funny, I did not think of this couple being a typical formal wedding couple.

So did she wear heels?

Mandy did have them and she even wore them, but she wanted some of the shots of her wearing high tops.

No they are mot a typical formal wedding couple, anything but that. :)

The sneakers are not checkered they have little skulls on them. :)

In no way was there intention of hurting feelings of anyone here or the wedding couple. Just cant understand tennis shoes, or tattoo's exposed with a formal setting. Yes I know, If I did portrait's and/or wedding events, have to take everything with a grain of salt, if getting paid for your work, then who should be picky?

While I really don't "get" tatoos, I would think the folks who do have them would also have no objections to having them visible, after all that's the whole idea, unless they're in hidden areas. Often they want to stand out. (Ironically, just like most generations, so many of them all do the same thing, so they don't really stand out at all...) We have to keep in mind that different people have different styles and fashions.

My wedding reception was held on a steam train. Deb's friends all said stuff like "That's unusual" or "How unique", which in some cases I'm sure was the polite version of "What the hell?" My friends and family all said "Well of course, we expected that!" My point is that it's all in what you're used to.

Last edited:
My son got married in Hell's canyon with the wedding party wearing sarongs, males and females. Even got my then 87 year old dad in one. Our friends said it was the best wedding setting they had ever been to.

Normal weddings are for normal people. Not everyone is normal. I hear people shocked at then idea of trash the dress sessions (how many dresses get used one time then hidden in the closet until no one else would consider wearing them), personally I think it is a great idea. Mandy and Ryan, have tattoo's and are not going to go around hiding them, they like some things, don't like others, and they felt that traditional weddings images are just a little too stuffy for them, so we discussed what kind of images they wanted and tried to get them.

I can also say that Amy (she is here on the forums) Shot my wedding, it was a Pirate theme. It was a lot of fun and the Photos show it. People also tell us almost 2 years afterward how much fun it was.

Maybe Amy will post up some on the forums for those that have not seen them. :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back