Shots From Northern California

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

CNelson

I visit this forum but don't post much here because most of the time I'm Pacific and West but no so North. However we are in Siskiyou County (far north CA) for Thanksgiving so I feel comfortable sharing some PNW shots from this past week.

First is GEESE TAKING FLIGHT....I used this image to make a digital Thanksgiving card.
p280059706-4.jpg

Next is BUCK AND DOE but I could have named it THE BUCK STOPS HERE as he is really checking out the doe.
p652061479-4.jpg

Next is DEER AND LEANING TREE. I may make this one may by my digital Christmas card this year. I don't send hard cards.
p700665229-4.jpg

Next is DOE AT DAWN...that's Mount Shasta in the background and I'm on the north side of it so it should qualify as PNW.
p958801521-4.jpg

Finally, here's ABANDONED HOUSE IN SNOW (you can see I put a lot of work into these names). It's HDR and the house looks lonely and sad and there is, in fact, a sad story tied to the house. Still the snow and clouds and lighting demanded that I take a shot.
p435049931-4.jpg

Chuck

Nice series of shots. I really liked the old abandon house, I can feel the cold and loneliness.
Was this the same group of deer in the shots or different deer as they moved around the mountains?

Last edited:
Nice series of shots. I really liked the old abandon house, I can feel the cold and loneliness.
Was this the same group of deer in the shots or different deer as they moved around the mountains?

Thanks Twick. They were different deer at different times and locations for the most part. However the doe at dawn may be the same as one of the deer in the leaning tree shot as these shots were fairly close in time and location.

Chuck

Nice shot. I especially like the second shot. I think because of the whiteness of the snow yet the texture still remains. Having said that I like them all.

Oh nice shots...all of them. I love that for area photos, went through there this week myself and wanted to stop 100 times...cool old buildings..wildlife etc...the deer shots really pop and the house is fantastic

Last edited:
Excellent photos, very nice! I like all of the deer photos, but the third one is especially nice in my opinion.

As for not being "Pacific Northwest", that's fine. We welcome photographers, and photos, from all around the world. We're happy to have photos from other locations, they add interest and provide inspiration.

There are two main reason the forum is specific to the Pacific Northwest.

1) That's where I and the other folks who started the forum shoot, and what we know. We're familiar with the region, or at least large portions of it, so it's likely we have some local knowledge that is useful. Also, while it may be a great time to be shooting night photos at Rockefeller Center in New York City, it's not real likely most of us will fly out there just to get the shot, so local info is good.

2) There are millions of digital photography sites on the web. Why start another one that's just like the others? What would we have to offer? So we went with a regional focus (sorry, bad pun!) to provide something you can't find as easily. It seems to be working pretty well.

Thank you Christena and Bob. Siskiyou county is a target rich environment and, like other locations, every change in the weather or season presents new and fresh "targets."

Chuck

I like Doe at Dawn, only wish it were a bit wider, showing the other 1/2 of the mountain but still keeping the same feel to the image, I kinda feel jipped, not knowing what the mountain looks like LOL

still, beautiful pics, don't think anyone would complain if you occasionally share pics not from the PNW

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back