some sandpipers

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
got some nice shots of some western and least sandpipers up at Ebey Marsh on Whidbey Island this afternoon... they were resting on a log, and didn't seem to mind me approaching to within 20 feet or so for some photos. the first shot, of the one in the rocks, was actually even closer, more like 15 feet... the last shot with the western and the least 'piper in the same frame really show how small the least sandpipers are! the light was variable as the sun went behind the clouds or briefly burned its way through; for most of these, the light was really nice...

IMG_9531%20crop%20sm_zps3zbnt7wg.jpg

IMG_9563%20crop_filtered%20sm_zpsvgw3qzly.jpg

IMG_9574%20crop%20sm_zpscxecx7jy.jpg

IMG_9593%20crop%20sm_zps0lnwi3ba.jpg

Great photos, Rocky! I love that last size comparison. I've never been to Ebey Marsh, I'll have to add that to my growing list of places to visit!

thanks, Tyler! i did some checkingon Google maps, and there isn't an "Ebey Marsh" shown, but that's what a friend of mine always calls it.. it's located at the eastern end of Crockett Lake, just east of the Keystone ferry dock and Ft Casey... if you look up Crockett Lake on Google maps and then zoom in, you'll see two ponds at the eastern end of the lake, between the road and the sound... those ponds are where i found these little guys, and the yellowlegs...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back