Spring is coming! Anna hummer & bloom

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

TacomaJack

I got this Male Anna the other day while watching for migrating Rufous's.
March17hummer-800.jpg

Lot's more here:
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/Hummingbirds.htm

Truly captures spring. I especially like the 3rd photo on your link page. Some amazing photos on that page.
Thanks for the nice comments.
This is a little like that third picture. Just cropped from the one I posted.

March17hummer2-800.jpg

Even though they look big here, the hummer is the size of my pinky and the flower bloom is the size of my pinkies nail. Just some perspective.

Very nice shots! How did you ever get that close to him?

Well in my case, it is planning that does it. And the right lens to get close.
I have Anna hummingbirds year round and study their habits.
Then I set up ahead of time and then it is a matter of patience, lots of it waiting, for them to show up at the flowers.
I pour a little nectar on a section of flowers and eventually they will get to it and come back to it later also.
I set up on tripod and use my Nikkor 70-300mm VR (sometimes with a 1.4 TC).

March23hummer.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back