Story telling

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Mike-PDX

The title of this thread could be "Infinite Loop"' or possibly... "Do over until exhausted".

[Edit: forgot to add that C&C is always encouraged]

I've been learning a new camera, the Olympus E-M5, along with a new lens, the Oly micro fourthirds 45mm f/1.8 (which is a 90mm "equivalent"). I have also been reading about a famous photographer by the name of Elliott Erwitt who often took sequences of shots to tell a story, frequently with humor. So here is a small attempt at story telling through a sequence of shots:

1: Here we go! This is fun!
7481295664_37c5f232ea_o.jpg

Topper-1 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

2: Steady now!
7481297246_213d1bb21c_o.jpg

Topper-2 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

3: Hold it!
7481299030_8ee0d366ef_o.jpg

Topper-3 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

4: OK! Go get it! ...Must...retrieve...that...thing... don't let it get away... it's built into my genes...
7481301042_2326270412_o.jpg

Topper-4 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

5: Just try to get it away from me!
7481302848_1ef1456e5d_o.jpg

Topper-5 by Mike-PDX, on Flickr

6: Go back to step 1 and do over until my human is completely exhausted.

Techie stuff: Olympus OM-D E-M5, 45mm at f/1.8 around 1/1000 sec ISO200.

I learned a couple of interesting things in the process: first this kind of story telling is fun to do, but you need to think about it ahead of time. Second, I've spent so long using nothing but zoom lenses that I had gotten a bit lazy. I found that I had to relearn how to visualize in a fixed focal length. Third, that 45mm f/1.8 lens is fantastic once I got used to it.

Last edited:
Great series... We do that with Jake's treats and I am still trying to get that split second of him actually crossing his eyes to look at it.

I always love a good story telling series. Well done. And, Jake is adorable.

Thanks for saying so Janice, but I think this dog's name is Topper. I will let Jake know you were thinking of him though.

Arline, so how do I top that LOL. Why did I think his name is Jake. Just looks like a Jake I guess.

Yep, its Topper

Topper is a rescue dog, through the Golden Bond golden retriever rescue group in Portland. He was showing off at a recent Golden Bond fund-raising event.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back