Sunrise at Artist Point

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Went up to Artist Point last night to do some Milky Way shots... as soon as I figure out how to make 'em look right, i'll post some. i also stuck around for sunrise, and this time, i did get the alpenglow on Mt Baker! taken with the 5D2 and 24-105.

the first rays of sunrise, 5:52 AM

MtBakerGlowsm_zps044aa9e4.jpg

a bit later... peak color, 6:05 AM. i left shortly after this to head home.

BytheDawnsEarlyLightsm_zps6306bf9a.jpg

Great shots, Rocky. Did you have you thermos of coffee?
I am looking forward to those milk-way shots and to find out how you do them. I got a cheap timer gadget that can control my Nikon but haven't really produced anything interesting with it.
- Dave

thanks, Dave... yeah, i had sandwiches, coffee, the whole bit. i'd planned to stay the night, so i brought breakfast! ;) i did sack out for a little while... found out that if i do it right, i actually CAN stretch out in the back of a '93 Grand Cherokee with the rear seats folded down! it's no camper, by any stretch, but for a night or two, it's no worse than a tent!

oh, by the way, one of my Milky Way shots is posted in the Special Techniques forum here... ;)

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back