Sunrises of different moods

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BrianH

I believe that the sunrises in WA are often much more spectacular than the sunsets. Here are a few of the different moods

Gold and Gulls
DSC09920.jpg

Long exposure am color burst
sunrise.jpg

aaa.jpg

Hope you enjoy and C&C always welcome

Re: Sunrises

Chito, these are all very nicely done. I think I agree that sunrises can be nicer than sunsets, but for me somehow they are much more dificult to capture well. The light at sunrise seems much "softer" and sometimes doesn't render faithfully. Could just be my technique - or lack thereof. ;)

Thanks for posting these excellent shots.

Chito, these are all very nicely done. I think I agree that sunrises can be nicer than sunsets, but for me somehow they are much more dificult to capture well. The light at sunrise seems much "softer" and sometimes doesn't render faithfully. Could just be my technique - or lack thereof. ;)

Thanks for posting these excellent shots.

Thanks and I know what you mean, I almost always shoot on full manual mode to control how I want to interpret the light.

The golden shot is a quick shot 1/4000 second and F8 after the sun has already risen through the fog.

The Second shot was a 20 second exposure at F14 you can see the movement in the clouds and the water has been smoothed out. this shot was taken about 15 minutes before sunrise and just a little color was visible. Like shooting the Northern Lights long exposure and small aperture is needed to bring out the dramatic colors

The third shot was actually auto exposure I just picked up the A55 and shot it while working. (sometimes you get lucky):D The great color is due to the Minolta 28-85 Glass. 1/60th second at F 6.3 just before the sun peaked out

Gorgeous sunrise!!!! I'm never up that early unless it's a forced issue. Love the clouds in the last one!!

Gorgeous sunrise!!!! I'm never up that early unless it's a forced issue. Love the clouds in the last one!!
LOL I usually get up early and have a cup of coffee, check out the sunrise and then snuggle back into bed with my wife for awhile. :D

My house faces east and my front porch gives me a great view of sunrises. I too, get up early and look east (while drinking my coffee) and hope the light and clouds are right. And maybe, get shots that are much less than what you get. I'm jealous and impressed by your images.

My house faces east and my front porch gives me a great view of sunrises. I too, get up early and look east (while drinking my coffee) and hope the light and clouds are right. And maybe, get shots that are much less than what you get. I'm jealous and impressed by your images.

thank you kindly Lou. its kinda hard to take a bad picture down that east beach LOL

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back