Sunset locations inland

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JDueckPhoto

Ive been looking for a good semi-local place to shoot sunsets. Im in NW Oregon about 1/2 hour north of Portland/Beaverton. There are few places where I have gone to get sunset photos but the sun is always blocked by mountains or trees. I tried to find the highest peak around here but I still run into too many trees.

Any suggestions?

This is the latest one to give you an idea of what it looks like out there.

Good capture, but yeah I agree mountains and trees do get in the way. I am going to check out what it looks like from the Clackamas River at Gladstone. might be cheating since I live 1 block from the river but hey, do what you gotta do.

Thanks for the input. I will have to check out Rocky Butte and some other high spots in Portland--I think there is a radio tower in the NW region also. Topography map here I come.

Sassy, the river is a good idea... might have to do a sunset over downtown too.

what about the top of Mt. Scott? Out around the Happy Valley area. there use to be some places around that area where you could get some good shots, seem to remember going up around the radio towers up there.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back