Swans are back

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

mbafaro

The swans have migrated south to our region. Captured these in the Carnation area. Wish I had a 300mm or 400mm.

Congrats on the capture and thank you for the heads up. I will have to go visit Ridgefield this weekend!!!

Carnation, huh? we have about 15 of 'em that have taken up winter residence at Juanita Bay in Kirkland. there were 25 or so last year, stayed till the end of February... magnificent birds, but kinda funny to watch 'em trying to get airborne...

Rocky, there are two large flocks (100 birds) in the Carnation area. One is in the field at Hwy 203 and Ne 32nd St. (the street to Remlinger Farm). This flock hasn't been close to the road very much, off in the corn patch. The second major flock is on Ne 80th between the Carnatiion Farm Rd. and West Snoqualmie Valley Road. Lately, they have been in the fields north of NE 100th St and West Snoqualmie Valley Rd (parking not good, no shoulders). Bring your long lens.

i may have to make it out there this weekend if the weather permits... which one has the best view? my 100-400 is the longest lens i've got. is the flock on NE 32nd on the river side of 203, or the Remlinger farm side? i usually drive out 202 past Redmond and come up over Tolt Hill...

at Juanita, they like to hang out on a sandbar at the mouth of Forbes Creek, but they often swim out along the shore of the bay to feed, and sometimes pass within 50 yards of the west viewing platform...

The flock on 32nd is on the southeast corner. Cross Hwy 203 toward Remlinger and it will be the right. You would definitely need the 400, as they're at the corn patch. The other areas the birds tend to be closer to the road, but still long lens needed.

Anyone up Mount Vernon way? They seem to be easier to get to there...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back