The Mad Hatter and Friends

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

awesome grafitti art ... and you did a beautiful job of documenting it

where is this at? intersection? town? ... have a whole fashion story floating in my head to go with these walls

Downtown Tacoma in a parking lot on Market St. From Pacific go up 11th and keep looking to the left and you will see the mural.

Twick, is the building one that would probably want the mural? Maybe it was paid for? And if not paid for, at least the kind of business that might welcome it? Those are beautiful!!!!

Nina, you must share if you get some fashion shots with these!!!!

Leia;
This side of the building adjoins a pay to park lot. The owners of the building apparently welcome the artwork on the side. There was another "taging" of the building that had been there for several years. I don't know if they pay for it or not. Maybe they lease the spot?
I'll have to check out what actually occupies the building, maybe the artwork is related to a business.

geez Leia, the only times I pass thru Tacoma are on my way to and from Auburn for agility ... that would take some thought to manage to allow time, have the energy, and the space for an outfit or two, to do a shoot ... but the kid thinks it is cool, so we'll think on it LOL

Twick, I don't know Tacoma at all, just drive up I-5, can you give me something like an intersection or something to mapquest?
thanks

North on I-5
Exit Tacoma City Center/Tacoma Dome (705)
Follow City Center and use A ST exit (Left Lane Exit)
Right after the light is 11th, Left ( If you miss 11th go to 9th, Left)
Up the hill to Market, the mural is on the left off of 11th

If you pull up Map Quest, Google or Bing maps you should be able to follow these directions and get an idea of the location.

It's located at 1121 court D tacoma, WA

The building is painted purple, so it's pretty easy to find.

http://embellishtacoma.com/ is a salon that's located there, no idea what connection, if any, they have with the mural.

You know, you'd think a place that was smart enough to have their website painted in 10 foot high letters on the side of the building would also be smart enough to make their address easy to find on their website, but I had to really dig to find that info...

We have an alley here in Aberdeen that is covered in some pretty nice artwork...Here is a photo I took of a friend taking a few shots:

Wow, I didn't remember that Aberdeen had that kind of power poles. That's a signature look of Vancouver BC, often seen in movies supposedly set in Seattle.

The wall faces North, Nortwest. It looks like the wall is in the shade all day.

Ah, but this is Tacoma, in the heart of the Pacific NorthWET. Just visit on a typical spring day, and those giant softboxes called clouds will help get rid of the shadows.

If you truly want sun, I'm guessing early summer, late afternoon might work. Due to the westerly orientation, mornings are probably out.

no, I don't want sun, and the only times I'd pass thru would be first thing on a Friday morning (if a show has a noon start) or late Sun aft/eve ... so knowing the conditions before I get there would be of help LOL

Friday mornings would probably be a problem with cars parked in the lot. Your best bet to have the lot empty would be late Sunday afternoons.

Love these. I hope that wall is provided for a legitimate place for graffiti artists to "tag"

WOW! I took my kids to go see this movie and they loved it (I did too!) This is some great art on the side of the building! :)

I drove by on the way home today. If you're on Market, the Satellite Coffee Co is the street side commercial space. Satellite also has a big mural painted on the side of the building for advertising purposes.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back