This is for the birds...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Tony S

Well it wasn't all deer on the trip to the east side.

Creek side tweety...
388816141.jpg

Peering at me through the brush...

388816878.jpg

Turned out it was sitting on the eaves of an old collapsed mining cabin...
388816879.jpg

This grouse scared the poo outta me when it flew up from my feet into this tree. The backlighting was so strong I had to set the exposure compensation to almost three full stops over to get the bird in the shadows.

388816881.jpg

It must have felt safe from me as it stayed put while I moved to the other side of the tree...
388816882.jpg

A flyby shooting...

388816883.jpg

Another little guy sitting in the late evening sunlight...
388816890.jpg

For the birds indeed. Thanks for sharing. I've yet to see a grouse, I've heard them in the forest but haven't seen them. Now I can see why.

Grouse? Interesting bird!!! Seriously. Odd looking too. Thanks for sharing your spoils. :)

*loves bird photos*

I'm jealous, great pics :) the only things that ever find their way in front of my camera these days are dogs and ladies in lingere LOL

Grouse are not the sharpest birds in the trees or anywhere else for that matter. I think the term birdbrain must have come from them. So if you can spot them, they don't spook very easily. The first time I took a photo, my husband stopped the car right next to them, I opened the car door, and took all the photos I wanted, got back in the car, slammed the door, and the darn things still didn't move.

hey, I'm a pro photographer, there is no such thing as "weird" LOL
and some of the things I've been hired to shoot I can't even mention here :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back