This place is for the birds!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I've changed the name of this category to reflect the fact that the vast majority of photos post here are birds. That's great, and it's by far the most active part of the forum. That's all good. So why not create a category just for birds? Changing the title will help make it easier for search engines to know what kind of photos are found here. Aside from that small change, it's business as usual, carry on!

Complete makeover of the site, eh, Bob? I was quite surprised when I logged in this morning! Good idea to give birds their own category...

Yes, total revamp pretty much. Finally got rid of Vbulletin 4. Vbulletin 5 never lived up to expectations.

I originally talked about this 4 years ago. So... four years later, it was finally time. What took me so damn long? The photo gallery (they call it “media gallery”) for Xenforo was lame. Navigation sucked, using the “here’s every photo ever posted” approach for the most part.

Finally version 2 of the forum and gallery were released in December 2017. The gallery, while still not quite as nice as Photopost, has finally matured. I waited for the bugs to be mostly swatted, and then decided it was time to make the switch.

Good idea to give birds their own category...

I created a category for birds, and said "OK, I'll move all the bird posts out of the animals category..." I quickly realized it was faster to move the 10 or so photo that -weren't- birds and then rename the category, LOL.

I'm also hoping that now that they aren't competing with bird photos, maybe other wildlife photos will become more popular.

But yeah, I could rename the whole place "Pacific Northwest Bird Photography" and hardly anyone would notice.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back