Tipsoo - a different perspective

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

ddietiker

I mentioned this shot in the Owens Valley thread. Most people wouldn't recognize this as Tipsoo lake as it is not the traditional shot of Mt. Rainier. I think many people get so focused on the images they have seen before and don't take the time to look and "see". At times, I also think the scenery can be overwhelming. This is Yakima Peak, which I felt made a more interesting shot as the sun rose and added color to the side of the mountain.

D3x, 17-35 at 17mm, f11, 2 stop GND

original.jpg

very nicely done! it's nice to see a shot of Tipsoo that doesn't have Rainier in the background... that area is so pretty, and has so many scenic views, it's a shame to limit to just one...

I've noticed that many amateurs just don't look North when shooting their scenics. I don't know why this is, but have observed it over the years.

Nice shot.

Pops

One the other hand, I have been to locations and hard as I try, the best shot is the iconic one. One practice that might help, don't put the camera on the tripod right away. Look for some other possible compositions. Get up on a rock or lay flat on your stomach. Something else that helps, get to the area with plenty of time. That allows the initial rush to wear off and you can spend time looking.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back