Train at the Fox, Oakland, CA. -critiques ok

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Christena

Train is my favorite band and I will go to a show whenever I can. They not only make the most beautiful music but they are also beautiful men and the camera loves them...well mine does :D

09FillmoreTrainShow261-ps.jpg

09FillmoreTrainShow276-ps.jpg

This one got published in Social Mag. I was so surprised!!!

09FillmoreTrainShow165-ps.jpg

09FillmoreTrainShow214-ps.jpg

You do realize just how many forum members opened this thread expecting something totally different, don't you? :)

Those are quite nice concert shots though. Very well done.

...many forum members opened this thread expecting something totally different...

Um, like what :confused:

One of these: :)

View attachment 4314

Many of the forum members are avid railroad photographers. A few of us even work for the railroad. So when you say "Train", we're not likely thinking of a band. ;)

I was trying to figure out the "Fox" part when I opened the thread and realized my mistake. Granted, you posted it in the right topic, events, but since I was using "active topics" I hadn't noticed that.

As I said though, your shots are quite good. Concert photography is tricky, and you've done well with those. What lens were you using, and what settings did you end up with?

I'm really impressed with the third shot. With all of the blue light, you still managed to get the skin color pretty good. All too often they end up looking like "Blue Man Group" in those conditions. :)

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhh, now I see, LOL. As far as the photos go well, nothing all that upscale. Fans aren't allowed to bring in professional cameras so I took my Kodak Easyshare Z1012 and put it on the preset for stage, I was also lucky enough to be up against the stage so that helped. I think I fiddled around with other settings but this was over a year ago and I just don't remember...

Hey who doesn't like to look at beautiful men ;-)

Nice series of shots. Shows the quality a point and shoot will produce when you use the controls properly.

You do realize just how many forum members opened this thread expecting something totally different, don't you? :)

I'll have to admit, I was expecting a train and a fox, a wildlife and transportation combo. :p

Thanks for the comments...I love this camera actually...my lake shot that made photo of the day was taken with this camera...it's about getting the shot, not what the shot was taken with... :)

Thanks for the comments...I love this camera actually...my lake shot that made photo of the day was taken with this camera...it's about getting the shot, not what the shot was taken with... :)

Penny, are you listening? ;)

Great attitude, and nice photos too.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back