Tree In The Mist - Almost Overlooked

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

CNelson

I took this picture a few years ago but ignored it in favor of shots I preferred at the time. It was an early morning shoot with mist rising off the Shasta River in northern California. I recently stumbled across this shot and decided I liked it. I worked it up with a painterly look (Topaz Simplify) that seems to work well with the mist and then worked up a second version with a closer crop and in black and white. I used Topaz Detail on top of Simplify for the black and white version. I printed the colored version and put a fancy frame on it and it reminds me of an "old masters" painting. It's not a great shot but has a pleasing feel to me. I guess it pays to review the oldies with a fresh eye.

Chuck

Color version

p817032626-4.jpg

Black and white

p588269751-4.jpg

I like to take Topaz Simplifiy for an artistic spin from time to time. Nice treatment here.

I prefer the color...lighting is beautiful and it brings out the details so much better. Beautiful shot!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back