Trout Fishing

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

Saturday was fishing day for our family. My two kids had been begging us to take them since the opening of trout season last weekend, so we did.

So, while the kiddos fished, I fished for picts of the Osprey...fishing ;)

I AM NOT A BIRD PHOTOGRAPHER. All I had to use was my 100mm prime to take these with. I slammed the wheel to AV, and shot in AIservo mode. I think I did alright, considering my extreme inexperience with this kind of shooting.

Happy fishin' :)

View attachment 6468

View attachment 6469

View attachment 6470

View attachment 6471

Osprey shooting is fun huh? :)

I like the last shot too. I've been trying to find an Osprey diving close to the shore but in my area they are fishing out of range.

They sure are. I'm gonna have to get long distance lens soon. I feel like I was just out of reach of some really cool shots. Being that I shoot a cropper right now, if I get a 200, I could reach out to 320. I think that'd be plenty sufficient to get some really nice images in situations like this.

those came out pretty darn well for using just a 100mm lens! really like the last one. judging by the first shot, if your family didn't catch supper like the osprey did, your only hope is DuPont Spinners! ;)

Thanks, Rocky. Haha. The fishin was pretty good, alright ;) the quote of the day came from my four year old daughter- "fish are not our friends. They are food. I mean, they are friends in our bellies."
that quote alone made the entire day worth it :)

A good, cost effective 200mm can be picked up with the canon 70-200 f4. I really like my 70-200 but the 2.8 glass is heavy and I use f4 more than f2.8... Nikon doesn't have the f4 version.

A good, cost effective 200mm can be picked up with the canon 70-200 f4. I really like my 70-200 but the 2.8 glass is heavy and I use f4 more than f2.8... Nikon doesn't have the f4 version.

I hate the weight of my 2.8, But it sure makes pretty Kacblur ..... I want to get the F4 non IS version someday

Thanks, Rocky. Haha. The fishin was pretty good, alright ;) the quote of the day came from my four year old daughter- "fish are not our friends. They are food. I mean, they are friends in our bellies."
that quote alone made the entire day worth it :)

i couldn't agree more! ;)

These are a great series. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the first photo, to me that's a great shot! Of course the last one rocks too, that's a wonderful catch, for both the Osprey and you. :)

Thanks bunches, everybody!

JD- thanks for the tip about the f4. I've been looking at that lens used, and like you say, it seems like a great deal for the price. I can't imagine myself shooting below f4 while taking long distance nature images such as this, anyway.

Wahooo! POD! Awesome! Thanks, Bob and Leia ;)

I'm a big fan of número uno, as well, Bob. Thanks for mentioning it. I was really happy with that capture considering that I didn't have a cpl on that lens.

I love number one in combination with the rest of the story it looks like the Ospery was fishing in a barrel. Kids say the darndest things by the way. Great one by your daughter.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back